Donations we made to Help for Heroes and The Police Dependants’ Trust contribute to the rehabilitation and support to some of the bravest in our society. Independence is one of the greatest gifts that could be possibly provided.
Help for Heroes supports those with injuries and illnesses attributable to their service in the British Armed Forces. No matter when someone served, they believe that those prepared to put their lives second, deserve a second chance at life. Every course and activity they offer aims to empower them to look beyond illness and injury, regain their purpose, reach their potential and have a positive impact on society. Anyone can help to reduce the time it’s taking Veterans to come forward and help end mental health stigma by:
- Sharing across social media channels and spread the message that Heroes are not alone
- Donating and cutting the clock before it’s too late
- Fundraising and showing support for Heroes in local community.
The Police Dependants’ Trust exists as an independent charity that provides a confidential programme of practical, emotional, and financial support for serving and former police officers and staff who have suffered harm as a result of their policing role. Since the 1960’s they have provided financial support to police officers and their families. The Trauma Resilience in UK Policing project explores how to better support the brain’s ability to process trauma exposure and maintain resilience by:
- Preventative techniques to help process trauma exposure post-incident
- Resilience training skills
- Trauma Management Survey
- Understanding atypical trauma and high-risk roles.